A rich, creamy and very easy curry using mushrooms that pair perfectly with our Tandoori Masala blend. The mixture of chestnut and Portobello mushrooms gives the curry a real depth and a lovely 'meaty' texture. We've added peas and spinach to this recipe or you could use chickpeas too.
Ingredients:1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
5cm piece of ginger, grated
4-5 teaspoons Tandoori Masala Spice Pot
2 tablespoons of tomato puree
400ml tin of coconut milk
450g mushrooms, sliced (approx. 250g chestnut mushrooms and 200g Portobello mushrooms, or 3 large ones)
250g frozen peas
½ teaspoon salt
Lime wedges to serve
1. Heat the oil and cook the onions, garlic and ginger until soft and browning.
2. Add the tomato puree, Tandoori Masala spice and a splash of water. Cook for a couple of minutes until you can smell the spices.
3. Add the mushrooms and stir well (you may need to add a little more water to keep the mixture loose and to stop the spices from burning). Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and cook gently for 10 minutes.
5. Finally add the frozen peas, spinach and season with salt. Stir well and serve when spinach has wilted. Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.
To buy our Tandoori Masala Spice Blend click here