Carrot Salad Ingredients
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
pinch of ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
500g grated carrots
coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a small pan, then add the mustard and cumin seeds. Cover and shake the pan until the seeds start to pop.
- Remove from the heat, add the turmeric, salt and sugar and stir well.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Mix in the lemon juice then pour it all over the grated carrots, thoroughly coating.
- Leave for 30 minutes or longer for the flavours to develop.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.