Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Method: oven & hob
Heat scale: 🌶️
These are so delicious. Serve as nibbles at a party or with a salad for a simple meal. Even easier if you have left over chicken from your Sunday roast!
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 heaped tsp Korma
2 tbsp mango chutney - try the mango and chilli chutney from The Spice Witch
150g cooked chicken
140g soured cream (crème fraiche works too)
500g pack of shortcrust pastry
Salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oil and cook the onion until soft.
- Add a splash of water, stir in the Korma spices and cook for about a minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the mango chutney, chicken and soured cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C if oven is fan-assisted).
- Line each hole of a muffin tin with 2 long strips of lightly oiled grease proof paper / baking parchment, in a criss-cross (this helps with removing the pies once cooked).
- Roll out the pastry and cut about 3/4 of it into circles big enough to line the muffin holes. Cut smaller circles for the lids.
- Fill each hole with chicken filling and top with a lid. Squeeze together the lid and base with your fingers to seal.
- Brush the tops with some beaten egg and prick small holes in the top to let the steam out whilst cooking.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until golden.
Check out more recipe ideas with our blog post Simple Recipe Ideas for Christmas Party Guests
Or if you are looking for more Turkey Leftover recipe ideas, check out our blog post Easy Recipe Ideas for Turkey Leftovers
NOTE Try Goan if you like more heat.
You can also make this as one large pie for a simple family supper