Sweet Spice Cocktails
Is it time to add some spice to your cocktail creations at home? There are no fixed 'rules' when it comes to a cocktail recipe ~ just a splash of this, and a splash of that, and good company to sip & enjoy the end result with.
Thanks to Alice Hunton for sending in these fabulous recipes below!
Sweet Spice Syrup
This syrup is a brilliant base for the cocktails below, and also great in coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk. You can also use it as a topping on ice-cream, yoghurt and pancakes.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 heaped tsp Sweet Spice
- Heat all ingredients in a pan on medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain through muslin (or a piece of old clean pillowcase or sheet!) into a jug then bottle.
- Keeps for up to a month.
Spiced Old Fashioned
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
2 tsp Sweet Spice Syrup
Orange peel or wheel, to garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Build ingredients into glass.
- Stir with bar spoon for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with orange peel.
Sweet Spice Sour
20ml lemon juice
30ml Sweet Spice Syrup
1 tsp Sweet Spice and 1 tsp sugar, mixed together
Lemon peel, to garnish
- Run lemon juice around the edge of the glass and dip in Sweet Spice and sugar mix (optional).
- Add all ingredients to boston shaker filled with ice.
- Shake hard until chilled.
- Double strain into glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
You can also use this blend in delicious Mulled Cider.
Love our Sweet Spice? You can also use this in savoury dishes - try mixing with maple syrup and using as a glaze on your Roast Ham or try our Afghan Curry Recipe, Christmas Bread Sauce or Chicken Shawarma recipes.
Our Sweet Spice baking recipes include Gingerbread Man Cookies, Date Loaf, Fruit Loaf, a delicious Apple Tart, Carrot Cake or Oaty Biscuits.