Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Heat scale: 🌶️
A rich, creamy and very easy to make Mushroom Curry that pairs perfectly with our Tandoori Masala blend. The mixture of chestnut and Portobello mushrooms gives the curry a real depth and a lovely 'meaty' texture. We've added peas and spinach to this recipe or you could use chickpeas too.
1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
5cm piece of ginger, grated
4-5 tsp Tandoori Masala
2 tbsp tomato puree
400ml coconut milk
450g mushrooms, sliced (approx. 250g chestnut mushrooms and 200g Portobello mushrooms, or 3 large ones)
250g frozen peas
½ tsp salt
Lime wedges to serve
- Heat the oil and cook the onions, garlic and ginger until soft and browning.
- Add the tomato puree, Tandoori Masala spices and a splash of water. Cook for a couple of minutes until you can smell the spices.
- Add the mushrooms and stir well (you may need to add a little more water to keep the mixture loose and to stop the spices from burning). Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk (and, if using, the chickpeas) and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the frozen peas, spinach and season with salt. Stir well and serve when spinach has wilted.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.
We have many other Vegan and Vegetarian Curry Recipes listed in our blog using a whole range of different vegetables and pulses.