Vegetable Kebabs with Easy Satay Sauce
A great option for the barbecue, oven or grill, these marinated vegetable kebabs are delicious smothered in the very tasty satay sauce. You could easily skip the marinade as the satay sauce will add massive flavour to the veggies.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Method: BBQ or Oven
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 chilli (optional)
- Garlic, 1 clove crushed
- 1 tsp Korma, Bhuna, Goan or Tandoori Masala
Vegetable Kebab Ingredients:
You can use any vegetables but I did this with peppers, aubergine, red onion and courgettes and it was delicious. A great summer recipe and add chunks of halloumi for a non-vegan choice.
Easy Satay Sauce Ingredients:
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 6 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 heaped tsps of Spice Pots (Korma, Bhuna, Goan or Tandoori Masala)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and rub over the vegetables of your choice. Leave for a while if you can.
- Thread onto skewers and cook under grill, in the oven or on the barbecue. Turn the skewers every 2-3 minutes until evenly cooked.
- Meanwhile make the satay sauce. Mix all the ingredients in a small pan and bring to the boil, ensuring that it does not burn on the bottom. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Add boiling water to loosen if necessary.
- Please note that this makes quite a large batch but it freezes really well so you've got one ready to go for next time.
- The satay sauce is also delicious over chicken kebabs too or in a stir fry or try with our Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Top BBQ Tip: Ensure the grill is clean and very hot so that your kebabs don't get stuck! Try not to fiddle too much!
More easy recipes: