Spicy Minced Beef Tacos
A simple, crowd pleasing and comforting beef taco recipe. Make on the stove top or in a slow cooker.
We've used the Goan blend but you could use any of our blends instead for a milder result. Serve in tacos (or tortillas), with sour cream, kachumber salad, coriander and extra fresh chillies.
You can also add some diced red or green peppers and some kidney beans to make this like a beef minced chilli con carne.
Ingredients:450g minced beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon plain flour
150ml beef stock
5 teaspoons Goan Spice Pot
1 tablespoon tomato puree
12 taco shells
1. Fry the minced beef and onion until browned.
2. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Add the tomato paste and Goan Spices and cook for a couple of minutes
4. Blend in the stock and stir
5. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until almost all the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
6. Divide the mince mixture between the taco shells, top with lettuce and finish with a little soured cream, grated cheese and extra fresh chillies if you wish.
You could also try using our easy slow cooker pulled pork recipe as an alternative filling for your easy tacos.
If you are cooking for a crowd or a large family gathering, check out our easy curry recipes for 35 people. We have both a chicken curry recipe and a vegetarian curry recipe.
For a slow cooker recipe for success, check out our Slow Cooker Tips and Tricks.