vegitarian recipes, easy vegitarian recipes, vegitarian dinner, easy vegitarian dinners
Sweet Potato Curry
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed or chopped
4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
4 tsps Goan masala
400g tin chopped tomatoes (or use fresh tomatoes)
600g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
1 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 400ml tin coconut milk
A handful of greens - spinach or green beans or whatever you have
- Cook the chopped sweet potatoes, in salted boiling water until tender, about 8 minutes. Alternatively, you can roast them in the oven for around 20-25 minutes on 200 or even quicker in an air fryer.
- Whilst the sweet potato is cooking, heat the oil over a medium heat, add the chopped onions and cook gently for 5-10 minutes, until they are soft and translucent and starting to brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add a splash of water to the pan, then add the spice mix. Cook gently for about a minute then add the tomatoes.
- Cook gently until the tomatoes are reduced to a thick, dark paste
- Add the chickpeas and stir gently until warmed through.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Now add your greens and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Then finally add the cooked sweet potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- Season with salt and garnish with coriander
Recipe Notes: use frozen onions, ginger and garlic if you are short on time