Spiced Potato Salad
An easy, no mayonnaise, potato salad. This vegan salad makes a great side for your next BBQ and a lovely change from the traditional mayonnaise potato salad. It's lovely and fresh with the herbs and zingy from the addition of the lime juice which elevates the aroma of the gentle spices.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
Ingredients500g (approx) potatoes, cut into small, same-size pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Fresh chilli (optional)
2 tsp of either the korma, bhuna or goan
1 lime, juice of
Herbs, about 2 handfuls of fresh herbs; coriander, parsley, dill all work really well
Salt and pepper
- Make sure the potatoes are all roughly the same size. Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender about 15-20 minutes. They are ready when they slide off a sharp knife with no resistance.
- Whilst they are cooking, heat the oil and cook the garlic (and chilli if using) for 1 - 2 minutes. Add a splash of water then the spices. After a couple of minutes, add the lime juice.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain then add to the frying pan, mix well to coat. Add half the herbs and cook for a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining fresh herbs.
- Serve warm or cold with a lovely fresh and crunchy green salad
A perfect accompaniment to a bbq or for a summer meal, alfresco.
For dips, summer salads, as well as our favourite meats for the barbeque check out our blog packed full of tasty BBQ recipes to inspire you all summer long Spice Pots Barbecue Recipes.