Spice Pots, an expanding premium food brand based in East Lothian, are now recruiting for a Business Assistant.
Hours: 15 hours per week across 5 days. 9.30am to 12.30pm. There may be some flexibility on the hours for the right person.
Additional hours will be available to attend and run our events throughout the year, which will include some weekends.
Based in our office in East Lothian.
Spice Pots produce and sell award winning, premium spice blends online, in 400 outlets across the UK and export to a number of countries in Europe. Our company is growing rapidly. We offer a fun, positive and progressive work place where the happiness of our staff is paramount.
We are looking for a positive, hardworking and sunny person to join our team.
Responsibilities will include:
Acknowledge, prepare and send out both online and wholesale orders. This includes managing our Royal Mail Tracked system, our Amazon Inventory and offering exceptional customer service to our clients. Accuracy is key as well as a sense of fun and new ideas for introducing more efficient systems. We are systems geeks (who doesn’t love a good system) so you need to be too.
Constant work on the content of our website to ensure links active, descriptions top notch and meta tags filled. Good writing skills and some basic website tech knowledge would be an immense positive.
An eye for detail and design would be ideal, as we are constantly creating new content for social media, our mailing list subscribers and our website.
The right person needs to be comfortable with basic technology across our website and mailchimp and other integrations or at least a willingness to learn these skills.
The ability to come up with engaging content for our social media channels.
ESSENTIAL KEY SKILLS:
- A positive attitude. You MUST display a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy problem solving.
- Organised, efficient and confident
- Top notch communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills as the company grows
- Be comfortable working unsupervised and the ability to take on a supervisory role in the future
- Hardworking, reliable, trustworthy, ambitious and a people person
- An eye for design and preferably, knowledge or the willingness to learn basic design software
- Very competent computer skills
Additional, desirable (but not essential) skills:
- Knowledge of basic website technology and integrations such as MailChimp.
- Basic design software (Canva)
- Knowledge of Google Drive
- Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also attach a very short video (this does not need to be anything other than a basic iphone type video) or audio recording telling us why you would like to work for us and what you think you could bring to our team.
Interviews will be conducted in East Lothian in January / February.