Spice Pots, an expanding premium food brand based in East Lothian, are now recruiting for a Business Assistant.
Hours: 25 hours per week, across 5 days. 10.00am to 3.00pm.
Some additional weekend work will be involved, approximately 6 weekends per year.
Salary dependent on experience.
Based in our office East Lothian.
We are a progressive, fun company whose focus is on happy and efficient working.
Spice Pots produce and sell award winning, premium spice blends online, in 400 outlets across the UK and export to a number of countries in Europe. Our company is growing rapidly.
We are looking for a positive, hardworking and sunny person to join our team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Acknowledge, prepare and send out both online and wholesale orders. As our company grows, there is need for better, more efficient systems so there is massive scope here to develop and implement new systems. We are systems geeks (who doesn’t love a good system) so you need to be too.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with suppliers, clients, new business prospects and customers both in writing, on the phone and in person.
- Constant work on the content of our website to ensure links active, descriptions top notch and it’s all working as it should. Good writing skills essential and some basic website tech knowledge would be an immense positive.
- Monitoring and improving our listings on Amazon, Notonthehighstreet, Yumbles, Borough Box, The Food Market
- Grow B2C mailing list by creating beautiful PDFs of recipe collections as well as sending eye-catching emails to our customers . An eye for detail and design is essential.
- Invoicing and chasing payments. Basic bookkeeping skills are a definite plus!
- The right person needs to be comfortable with basic technology across our shopify website and mailchimp and other integrations or at least a willingness to learn these skills.
- An interest in / experience of video editing would be a plus.
- The ability to create engaging content for our social media channels.
ESSENTIAL KEY SKILLS:
- A positive attitude. You MUST display a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy problem solving.
- Organised, efficient and confident.
- Top notch communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing.
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills as the company grows.
- Be comfortable working unsupervised and the ability to take on a supervisory role in the future.
- Hardworking, reliable, trustworthy, ambitious and a people person.
- An eye for design and preferably, knowledge or the willingness to learn basic design software.
- Very comfortable using word, excel, powerpoint.
Additional, desirable (but not essential) skills:
- Video recording and / or editing.
- Knowledge of basic website technology and integrations such as MailChimp.
- Basic bookkeeping.
- Basic design software.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Knowledge of Google Drive.
- Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com including your salary expectations.
- Also attach a very short video (this does not need to be anything other than a basic iphone type video) or audio recording telling us why you would like to work for us and why you think we should hire you!
For those shortlisted,interviews will be conducted in East Lothian in May.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.