Easy Apple Cake
This cake does not take long to put together and makes quite a lot - get ready for a never-ending supply in the cake tin!
300g of light brown sugar
80ml vegetable oil
200g plain yoghurt
1 tspn vanilla essence (optional)
350g plain flour
1 tspn baking soda
2 tspn Sweet Spice
2 large cooking apples, peeled & chopped
15g unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 165°C, and grease/line a deep rectangular baking tin (approximately 13" x 9") or a 10" springform cake pan.
- Whisk together the light brown sugar, oil, milk, yoghurt, egg and vanilla essence, until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and 1 tspn of Sweet Spice. Add this dry mix to the wet mix, and stir until just combined.
- Add the chopped apples, and gently fold into the batter. Spread this batter evenly in the baking tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and remaining 1 tspn Sweet Spice, then sprinkle over the top of the batter. Dot with thin slices of butter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.