Goan Spiced Scallops with Sweetcorn & Tomato
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Heat Scale: 🌶️🌶️
This is an adaptation of a Molly Baz recipe. It’s a deliciously fresh, yet spicy dinner that is an incredible combination of flavour.
250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 medium shallot, sliced crosswise into rings
2 garlic cloves, grated
45g unsalted butter
2 tsp Goan Spice Pot
250g frozen sweetcorn
Salt, to taste
Coriander, to garnish
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, shallot and the juice of 1 lime.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Pat the scallops dry and season with salt.
- Arrange the scallops in a single layer in the pan and cook undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes until they start to brown.
- Flip the scallops and quickly add the butter and Goan Spice Pot. Use a large spoon to baste the scallops for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, transfer 4 scallops to each plate and leave the butter in the pan.
- Add the sweetcorn and garlic to the pan on a medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the marinated tomatoes and shallot.
- Spoon the corn, tomatoes and juices over the scallops. Season with salt and garnish with coriander.
Top tip: If you half this recipe it makes a great starter!