Goan Pork Curry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Method: hob & oven
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
This pork curry recipe is super easy to put together but takes around 1.5 hours to cook. We created this recipe to use with hand-reared pork from The Brand Family farm at East Fortune, just a few miles down the road.
Ingredients for Goan Pork Curry
1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
4cm piece of ginger, grated
400g tin tomatoes
8 tsps of Goan (use about 6 tsps for a milder curry)
500g pork, diced
400g tin chickpeas
Kale / Spinach / Green Beans
Coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 170°C (150°C for fan-assisted oven).
- Heat the oil then add the onion. Cook until translucent and just started to brown, then add the ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the Goan blend and cook for about 1 minute.
- Turn up the heat and add the pork to brown quickly. Keep stirring all the time.
- Add the salt then chickpeas and 250ml water or stock. Then pop into the oven for 1.5 hours or until the pork is lovely and tender.
- If using kale or green beans, add in 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time. If using spinach remove pan from the oven then add in and stir.
- Check the seasoning then garnish with coriander.
- Serve with rice, mint and coriander raita and naan breads.
Try some of other Goan recipes: Goan Fish Curry, Goan Beef Curry, Goan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry.
Or head to our recipes page for many more options!