Lamb Curry Recipe
A simple but extremely tasty lamb and potato curry! Adding potatoes to the recipe makes it go a lot further so great for entertaining or cooking for a crowd. If you prefer this curry without potatoes, please see our Lamb Bhuna Recipe.
2 tablespoons oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4cm piece of ginger, grated or finely chopped
5 fat garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
10 teaspoons Bhuna Spice Pot
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
500g diced lamb
500g potatoes, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
Couple of handfuls of spinach
Heat the oven to 160 fan or 180 normal
- Heat the oil then cook the onions until translucent and browning at the edges. This takes around 10 minutes (longer if cooking onions from frozen).
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they are reduced to a thick paste.
- Add the Bhuna spices and cook for a minute, stirring.
- Turn up the heat and add the meat and salt and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 250ml water and bring to a simmer. Put into the oven for half an hour.
- Now add the potato chunks and cook for another hour. Check the meat is tender and if not, cook for a little longer.
Delicious served with rice and our Mint and Coriander Raita.
Make a day ahead if you can - it always tastes better on the 2nd day! But don't add the spinach until just before serving. If you don't need such a large quantity, we still think it's easier just to make this big batch and freeze any leftovers for a mid week meal when time is short.
More Easy Curry Recipe Ideas:
Shop the Spice
Never miss a new Spice Pots recipe, sign up to receive our newest recipes straight to your inbox