Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinate: 2 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
A healthy one-pan traybake, lightly spiced and ideal for a quick family dinner.
2 tbsp of oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
4cm piece of ginger, grated
3 tsp Tandoori Masala
150ml natural yoghurt
Good squeeze of lemon juice
1 tsp of salt
8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
500g new potatoes
250g of cherry tomatoes, or 4 large tomatoes roughly chopped
1 red onion finely chopped
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Mix the natural yoghurt, Tandoori Masala, garlic, ginger, salt and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss together to ensure all pieces of chicken are well coated.
- Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Put the potatoes in a large roasting tin, coat with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes, then scatter the tomatoes, red onion and coriander on top of the chicken.
- Heat oven to 180C and bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Serve with some crusty bread and salad.