Fried Rice Recipe - Ideal for Leftovers!
This is a brilliantly easy recipe and so good for using up any leftovers from your Sunday roast, Christmas Eve ham or Christmas turkey. My kids love this and I vary the ingredients according to what's in the fridge. Obviously, you can omit the meat for a vegetarian dish. Use up your leftover sprouts and chestnuts in here too!
Ingredients:1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
4 cm piece of ginger, grated
2 tsp Korma Spice Blend (or use alternatives)
Fresh chilli (optional)
300 - 400g Cooked chicken, chopped (or use leftover Roast Pork, Roast Ham or Roast Beef or your Christmas Turkey)
Vegetables - peppers, grated carrot and frozen peas or any leftovers
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
350g cooked brown rice (or use white rice)
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil and fry the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the Korma spices and cook for a minute. (If the mixture is looking very dry, add a couple of tablespoons of water before adding the Korma spice to stop the spices burning).
- Add the vegetables and stir fry (or warm through if leftovers).
- Then simply add in the chopped chicken / turkey / ham and cooked rice. Stir well to combine.
- Mix together the soy sauce and honey and mix in. Stir well and cook through.
- Add the fresh coriander and serve.
An easy family Monday dinner or a healthy option on Boxing day when you've just had too much chocolate!
Looking for other simple leftover recipes?