Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
Stuck for dinner ideas? This is a great recipe for an easy family dinner. My kids love this and I vary the ingredients according to what’s in the fridge.
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
4cm piece of ginger, grated
2 tsp Korma
Fresh chilli (optional)
300g mixed vegetables, such as spinach, peas, peppers or grated carrot
350g cooked rice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey (or use agave nectar or maple syrup)
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil and fry the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for about a minute, then add the Korma spices and cook for another minute or so. (If the mixture is looking very dry, add a couple of tablespoons of water before adding the Korma spice to stop them burning)
- Add the vegetables and stir fry (or warm through if leftovers) for a minute or so.
- Stir in the cooked rice.
- Mix together the soy sauce and honey, and add to the pan.
- Stir well and cook through.
- Add the fresh coriander and serve.
NOTE: You can add in some leftover Sunday roast (pork, ham, beef or chicken) at Step 3 if you fancy a more meaty dish!
For similar dinner ideas, try these recipes: