Easy Gingerbread Man Recipe
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Method: Oven (preheat oven to 180°C)
Our recipe for gingerbread men is super easy to make and even easier to eat! Get the kids involved too for some festive fun!
75g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp treacle
3 tsp Sweet Spice
100g butter, softened
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
225g plain flour
- Put the sugar, syrup, treacle, Sweet Spice and a tiny bit of water in to a pan and heat, stirring all the time until bubbling.
- Turn off the heat, and then stir in the butter, bicarbonate of soda and flour until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in a cling film and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, and place the dough on a sheet of greaseproof paper and then put another sheet on top. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat between the sheets until it is 3mm thick.
- Using your gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out shapes from the flat dough and place onto a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Bake the gingerbread man cookies for 15-20 minutes until they are firm.
- Remove from the tray and transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Once cold, decorate with icing sugar in the style of your choosing!
Other Sweet Spice baking recipes include Date Loaf, Fruit Loaf, a delicious Apple Tart, Carrot Cake or Oaty Biscuits.
You can also use this blend in delicious Mulled Cider or even to make sugar syrup for Cocktails!
Love our Sweet Spice? You can also use this in savoury dishes - try mixing with maple syrup and using as a glaze on your Roast Ham or try our Afghan Curry Recipe, Christmas Bread Sauce or Chicken Shawarma recipes.