Courgette Soup is a brilliant way to make use of courgettes growing in your garden or allotment or if you are looking for an easy summer soup. This gently spiced courgette soup is easy to make and freezes well. Freeze in empty plastic milk bottles or soup bags laid flat to save on space.
Ingredients for Courgette Soup:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1-2 tsp curry powder (we used our Bhuna Spice Pot)
350g courgettes, sliced
140g potatoes, sliced
450ml chicken or vegetable stock
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Method for Spiced Courgette Soup:
- Heat the oil then add the onions. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, cook for a minute
- Add the spices. If the pan is looking very dry, add a splash of water first to avoid them burning. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add the courgettes, potato, stock and milk. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for around15 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz up with a blender until smooth.
- Add a dash of cream to serve (optional) and sprinkle with herbs - chives would work well here or parsley.
Check out our other courgette recipes including Pakoras, Grilled Courgette and Courgette Curry.
Or read our blog post for other summer meal ideas.
More easy soup recipes:
Roast Vegetable Soup, Lightly Spiced
Korma Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup