An easy and tasty snack or starter. We cooked these in our pizza oven on a griddle pan but of course they could be cooked on the hob too. We added a whole chili for a medium heat but leave this out if you prefer!
Makes: 6 fritters
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Method: Pizza Oven or Hob
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
1 medium courgette, grated
1 small onion, grated
1 chili, chopped
1 tsp Tandoori Masala Spice Blend
60g mozzarella cheese
60g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander, chopped
Oil, for the pan
- Grate the courgette and onion and squeeze out any excess moisture
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and combine well
- Oil the griddle pan and pre-heat in the pizza oven or on the hob. (We aimed for 500° in the pizza oven but we were well short of that).
- Spoon around 1 tbsp of the mixture per fritter onto the pan and flatten
- If your pizza oven is very hot, cook for around 2 minutes each side. Ours took much longer!
Serve with tzatziki for a delicious snack or starter
Don't try and turn the fritters until too soon otherwise they will fall apart!
Or for other recipes that work in a Pizza Oven, try our Marinated Chicken Skewers or Lamb Koftas.