Potato, Carrot and Pea Rogan Josh Curry
This simple Rogan Josh curry uses vegetables that are readily available and you are likely to have in your fridge. A tasty, quick and healthy dinner when you have nothing else planned. The Rogan Josh masala is fragrant, smoky and medium in heat. For an alternative vegetarian Rogan Josh curry, try our aubergine and butter bean curry.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Method: Oven (or hob)
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
Ingredients:1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4cm ginger, grated
1 tbsp tomato puree
4 tsps Rogan Josh curry powder
400g carrots, chopped into small dice
400g potatoes, chopped the same size as the carrots
450ml vegetable stock
Couple of handfuls of frozen peas
Couple of handfuls of spinach
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and cook the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic & ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste stir then add the spices, cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock, potatoes and carrots and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Check the seasoning and add salt as required.
- Then add the peas and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and enjoy!
- Be sure to cut the potato and carrots into similar sizes so they cook at the same rate
- Use cauliflower in place of carrots if you prefer
- Freeze any leftovers.
More Easy Curry Recipe Ideas:
- Vegetable Madras Curry
- Chicken Rogan Josh
- Beef Madras
- Lamb Madras
- Prawn Korma
- Lentil Curry
- Lamb Rogan Josh
For Curry Cooking Tips and Tricks:
Shop the Spice
Never miss a new Spice Pots recipe, sign up to receive our newest recipes straight to your inbox