Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This is a recipe that Mel's Mum swears by! It's a perfect spring recipe and it makes an excellent Easter dessert.
700g young rhubarb (thin red stalks)
2 tsp Sweet Spice Pot
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp butter (unsalted is best)
425ml double cream, whipped
Sugar or lemon juice
- Wash and trim rhubarb stalks and cut in to 2cm segments.
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, Sweet Spice, lemon juice and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil gently, stirring continuously.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring continuously for about 6 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft, but keeps its identity.
- Whisk in an electric blended until smooth and allow to cool before chilling in the fridge until ready to use.
- Just before serving, combine puree with whipped cream and flavour to taste with sugar or lemon juice.
Top Tip: the portions can be quite generous, so this could feed 6-8. If there's any leftovers you can freeze in individual ramekins and eat it later like ice cream!