- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4cm piece of ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 teaspoons of Goan blend
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 whole cauliflower, broken into florets (larger than the potato pieces)
- 350g potatoes (waxy if possible), peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh coriander (to garnish)
Heat the oil over a medium heat, add the onions and cook until soft and browning. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until they are darker and reduced. Add the Goan spice blend and cook for a minute. Then add vegetable stock. and bring to a simmer before adding the raw potatoes and cauliflower. Ensure the vegetables are almost covered by liquid (add a little more boiling water or stock if you need to).
Cook gently, with the lid on for around 25 minutes. Check the vegetables are tender. Add salt to taste.
Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt on the top or alongside some of our delicious Mint and Coriander Raita. Mop up with naan bread.
This makes a lovely side dish for our Spiced Roast Lamb.