If you've not discovered crispy kale yet, now is the time to do so!
There's no doubt kale is a superfood, with just one cup giving you more than 200% of your vitamin A for the day and almost 700% of your vitamin K. You might think kale is just for blitzing into green juices post-workout, but - cover anything in oil, spices and salt - and it becomes so much more.
Kale done in this way is so quick and very addictive - our children quickly devour this and ask for more!
One bag of kale (cavelo nero is our favourite)
Olive or rapeseed oil
½ to 1 tsp any of our spice blends
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C and line a tray with foil.
- If the kale is in large leaves, cut off the hard, thick stem and then roughly chop. If the kale is shredded already, sift through and pull off any of the hard stem. You might be tempted to skip this step, but taking 5 minutes to prep the kale properly will make for a much nicer end result.
- Wash the kale thoroughly and spin to dry.
- Drizzle with a good amount of oil, and use your hands to coat all the kale well.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and your favourite spice blend, then mix again.
- Spread the kale out on the tray and bake in the oven for 8-10 minute bursts, turning, mixing and checking it often, as it can burn quickly. It should only take about 20-25 minutes.