Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️
If you want to know how to make Coronation Chicken , then this recipe is very, very easy and completely delicious. Serve with salads for a light meal or starter or use as a sandwich or baked potato filling. In this recipe, the chicken has been poached in stock, ginger and garlic but would be even easier if you had some leftover chicken in the fridge.
1 litre chicken stock (or 1 litre of water and a stock cube)
1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
5cm piece of ginger, un-peeled and roughly chopped
2 chicken breasts (or about 300g chicken)
3 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 tbsp mango chutney
1 tsp Korma
Sultanas or diced dried apricots (optional)
- Put the stock (or water and stock cube), ginger and garlic in a pan along with the uncooked chicken breasts.
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer very gently for about 10 mins, with the lid partially on.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and just leave the chicken sitting in there to cook a bit more for another 10/15 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into little bite size pieces*
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mango chutney, Korma spices and sultanas (if using) and add the chicken.
* NOTE - Use up the stock: if you have poached the chicken in stock as suggested above, strain the stock and then use to make a lovely, warming Asian broth with noodles. Just add sweetcorn and mushrooms (or whatever you have), a chopped chilli, a bit of soy sauce, some noodles and a handful of basil at the end. Add any chicken leftovers to this too. My kids love this.
Skip steps 1-4 if you already have some cooked chicken