Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours and 20 minutes
Method: hob and slow cooker
Heat scale: 🌶️
Great for planning ahead. This mild Chicken Korma slow cooker recipe is more time-consuming than most Spice Pot recipes but worth the extra effort!
2 garlic cloves
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
2 large onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into large chunks
2 tbsp tomato puree
4 tsp of Korma
2 tsp sugar
300ml chicken stock
150ml double cream
6 tbsp ground almonds
Toasted flaked almonds, rice and naan bread (optional)
- Put the garlic, ginger and onions in a blender with a little water and whizz to create a paste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sear the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, then add the onion paste to the pan and fry for 10 minutes on a medium heat until lightly golden.
- Stir in the tomato puree, Korma spices, 1 tsp of salt and the sugar, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the chicken stock.
- Stir and bring to a simmer and then spoon in to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Stir through the cream and ground almonds.
- Scatter with flaked almonds if using and then serve with rice and naans.
For more tips on how to use a slow cooker or to convert any curry recipe for the slow cooker. read our blog post.
Or have a look here for an alternative Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe
Shop the Spice
Never miss a new Spice Pots recipe, sign up to receive our newest recipes straight to your inbox