I have finally bought a slow cooker and my first curry experiment was a hit! In fact, I didn't make it.... my husband (who doesn't usually cook) made it and it was delicious! The sweet potato and the chickpeas make this a very hearty curry. Full of flavour and no oil at all!
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 120 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 145 g green peas frozen
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh coriander (to garnish)
Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Gently toss ingredients together to ensure evenly coated.
Cook on Low for 5 or 6 hours
Stir in peas and lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
Serve over rice and with plenty of fresh coriander
This is such an easy curry. Try with one of our other proper curry powders too - the Goan or the Korma would also work really well. Let me know if you try it! Happy cooking!