Slow Cooker Beef Curry Recipe
This Goan beef slow cooker recipe really could not be more simple! It involves absolutely no prep (no frying of onions before adding). We've made this medium but of course, you can add more spice if you would like it hotter. Or add some fresh chillies. You could also add potato chunks to make this meal go further. Just ensure that they are the same size as the beef so they cook at the same rate. Add some spinach just before serving for some extra colour.
You could use this recipe with any of our spice blends. The korma blend would work so well here too.
8 tsps Goan spices
2 large onions, finely chopped
10cm piece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
1kg braising or stewing steak, cut into 2.5cm cubes
400ml tin coconut milk
Salt, to taste
Coriander, to garnish
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, whisk together the coconut milk with the spice mix and salt.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and mix
- Then add the meat and stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef is super tender.
- Taste and season again if necessary and add the fresh coriander for garnish.
We also have another Beef Curry Recipe for the conventional cooker
For more slow cooker top tips, slow cooker recipes and a slow cooker conversion chart, head over to our blog post 'Slow Cooker Curry Tips - A Slow Cooker Recipe for Success'