Many of us try to rein in what we eat in January but luckily, there are no major changes that you need to make if you are cooking your curry from scratch. Most of our recipes are super healthy anyway and you can easily adapt recipes to make them even healthier / less calorific.
Top Tips for making your curry healthier:
- Coconut milk is healthy but is quite calorific. Just swap it for stock instead. We recommend using 250ml/300ml of stock in place of a 400ml tin of coconut milk
- A few (not many) of our recipes use cream. Replace it with yoghurt or coconut milk.
- Use an oil spray to reduce the oil you need to fry the onions
- A vegetarian curry is always going to have fewer calories so try eating less meat a couple of times a week
- Cut out the naan bread and serve with brown rice instead
Lazy Vegetable Bhuna
Goan Chicken and Lentil Curry
Goan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
Korma Lentil Daal
Korma Stir Fry
Tandoori Masala Mushroom, Pea and Spinach Curry
Tandoori Masala Vegetable and Lentil Curry