Carrot Cake Cupcakes
For a little twist on your usual carrot cake, add our Sweet Spice blend. These cakes are moist and delicious. Make double and pop a batch in the freezer. We also have an alternative recipe for Carrot Cake Loaf.
Makes: 8-10 cupcakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
225g grated carrot
100ml oil (sunflower)
110g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp clear honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 beaten eggs
110g plain flour
110g wholemeal flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
4 tsp of Sweet Spice
30g unsalted butter, softened
85g full fat cream cheese
225g icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C
- Line a muffin tin with 8 cases
- In a large bowl mix together the grated carrot, oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and beaten eggs.
- Add all dry ingredients, including the Sweet Spice, and mix into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon evenly into cupcake cases
- Bake at 160°C for 20-25 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean)
- To make the icing, mix the ingredients together and spread over cake (once cake cooled).
- Sprinkle with a touch of Sweet Spice blend.