By adding our Satay Sauce and a little lemongrass, you can transform a packet of stir fry veg and noodles to new heights! This is a great recipe if at 6.00pm, you still have no idea what you are going to cook for dinner. It's inexpensive, filling, healthy and very quick!
This recipe serves 2-3 people
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger (an essential freezer ingredient)
- One stick of lemongrass (another essential freezer staple)
- One 300g pack of stir fry vegetables
- 300g pack straight-to-wok noodles
- 6 tablespoons of our very easy Satay Sauce
- Fresh coriander or basil to garnish
Heat the oil in a wok, then stir-fry the ginger and lemongrass for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetables and cook on a high heat for another couple of minutes. Add in the noodles and mix together.
Push the veg and noodles to one side of the pan, then pour the satay sauce into the other side, tilting the pan. Bring to the boil. Mix the sauce with the stir-fry, then sprinkle over the basil leaves or coriander to serve.
If you want to add some chicken or prawns to the dish, cook these separately and add in once the stir fry is done. I like the marinade the prawns or chicken in our very easy marinade.
We have this in our house about once a week, usually when I'm late getting back from work and I make an emergency stop at the Co-op.
If you like quick and easy, try these other stir fry recipes: