Chicken Tikka Masala
Prep time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Method: Hob and grill or BBQ
Heat scale: 🌶️🌶️🌶️
Ingredients for the marinade:
5 heaped tbsp natural yoghurt
500g chicken, cut into cubes
Good squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
Salt, to taste
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2-3 tsp Korma Spice Pot (or use any of our blends)
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
200ml single cream
1 tablespoon of ground almonds
Salt, to taste
Coriander, to garnish
- Mix the yoghurt, Tandoori Masala, salt and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add chicken and coat well.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Cook on the BBQ or grill or in the oven until cooked through. This will take around 25-30 minutes in an oven on 180 degrees.
- To make the sauce*, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add the spices and sugar and cook for about a minute. Stir in the cream and almonds. Check the seasoning and add salt. The colour of the curry will dull when the cream is added.
- Add the chicken, stir through and you have your curry.
- Garnish with coriander
*NOTE You can also use this simple and gently spiced tomato sauce with a number of other recipes. Delicious with our Lamb Koftas, Tandoori Masala Chicken, Tandoori Masala Prawns or simply with some leftover vegetables or chicken to make a lovely curry. I always make a large batch of the sauce and freeze the leftovers to use for mid-week dinners when I'm short on time.
You can also use fish, lamb, veg or paneer instead of chicken.
Shop the Spice
Never miss a new Spice Pots recipe, sign up to receive our newest recipes straight to your inbox