Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
A splash of olive oil
2 onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped finely
A knuckle sized piece of ginger, grated or roughly chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
½ a large butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
2 teaspoons of the Korma Spice Pot
½ 400ml tin of coconut milk
A handful of fresh coriander
- Heat the oil and gently cook the onions, garlic and ginger until softened (but not brown). Add the vegetables, the spices and stir to coat well, then add the stock cube and cover with boiling water.
- Put the lid on and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Check the vegetables are soft with a fork and, if they are, remove the soup from the heat and blend with a stick blender.
- Finish with a sprinkling of chopped fresh coriander.
More easy soup recipes:
Shop the Spice
Never miss a new Spice Pots recipe, sign up to receive our newest recipes straight to your inbox