Sweet Spice Cocktails
Is it time to add some spice to your cocktail creations at home? There are no fixed 'rules' when it comes to a cocktail recipe ~ just a splash of this, and a splash of that, and good company to sip & enjoy the end result with.
Thanks to Alice Hunton for sending in these fabulous recipes below!
Sweet Spice Syrup
This syrup is a brilliant base for the cocktails below, and also great in coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk. You can also use it as a topping on ice-cream, yoghurt and pancakes.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 heaped tsp Sweet Spice
- Heat all ingredients in a pan on medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain through muslin (or a piece of old clean pillowcase or sheet!) into a sterilised jug and then into a sterilised bottle.
- Keeps for up to a month.
Spiced Old Fashioned
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
2 tsp Sweet Spice Syrup
Orange peel or wheel, to garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Build ingredients into glass.
- Stir with bar spoon for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with orange peel.
Sweet Spice Sour
20ml lemon juice
30ml Sweet Spice Syrup
1 tsp Sweet Spice and 1 tsp sugar, mixed together
Lemon peel, to garnish
- Run lemon juice around the edge of the glass and dip in Sweet Spice and sugar mix (optional).
- Add all ingredients to boston shaker filled with ice.
- Shake hard until chilled.
- Double strain into glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
You can also use this blend in delicious Mulled Cider.
Love our Sweet Spice? You can also use this in savoury dishes - try mixing with maple syrup and using as a glaze on your Roast Ham or try our Afghan Curry Recipe, Christmas Bread Sauce or Chicken Shawarma recipes.