Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Method: Oven (preheat oven to 180°C)
Our recipe for gingerbread men is super easy to make and even easier to eat! Get the kids involved too for some festive fun!
75g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp treacle
3 tsp Sweet Spice
100g butter, softened
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
225g plain flour
- Put the sugar, syrup, treacle, Sweet Spice and a tiny bit of water in to a pan and heat, stirring all the time until bubbling.
- Turn off the heat, and then stir in the butter, bicarbonate of soda and flour until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in a cling film and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, and place the dough on a sheet of greaseproof paper and then put another sheet on top. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat between the sheets until it is 3mm thick.
- Using your gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out shapes from the flat dough and place onto a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Bake the gingerbread man cookies for 15-20 minutes until they are firm.
- Remove from the tray and transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Once cold, decorate with icing sugar in the style of your choosing!