These are super easy to make and you can use whatever vegetables you have. Great for party nibbles or a simple starter. As these are oven baked, rather than fried in oil, they are a very healthy pakora option!
If you're keen to go with the traditional frying method, just fry the pakoras in shallow oil on both sides, until golden brown.
Pumpkin variation: This recipe also works well reducing the potatoes to 100g and, instead of carrots, using 300g pumpkin, peeled and grated.
Serve with chilli jam or chutney. Makes 12 pakoras.Ingredients:
4 tsp Korma*
2.5cm ginger, grated
200g potatoes, peeled and grated
200g carrots, peeled and grated
4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
½ red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced (optional)
Handful fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
75g chickpea flour (also called besan or gram flour)
- Put the spices, ginger, vegetables, spring onion, coriander into bowl, season and mix together thoroughly with your hands.
- Add the chickpea flour (sieve if it’s very lumpy) and mix again.
- Add a little water if you need more moisture to bind. Just add a tbsp at a time.
- Form 12 little patties (about a dessert spoon of mixture) and place on a lined baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 220°C , fan 200°C and bake for 20-25 minutes.
* you can use any of our blends in this recipe