- 250g dried Puy or green lentils, rinsed
- juice ½ lime and juice ½ lemon (or approx 1 tbsp of each)
- 1 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of our Korma, Bhuna, Goan or Tandoori Masala Blends (N. B if using Tandoori Masala Blend, exclude the clove of garlic)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 250g cherry vine tomato, halved
- 85g baby spinach, washed and thoroughly dried
Boil the lentils according to the packet instructions then drain thoroughly. Careful not to overcook them - nobody likes a mushy lentil salad!
Meanwhile, mix the citrus juices, vinegar and a pinch of salt in a salad bowl, then toss in the onion rings – after a few mins they will soften and turn pink. Whisk together the oil, Spice Pot spices, garlic and chutney, then toss into the onions with the cooled lentils, coriander, tomatoes, spinach and plenty of seasoning. Completely delicious. Great salad for BBQ's or as an accompaniment to our Spice Pots Spiced Roast Lamb.
I am a big fan of the mango and chilli chutney made by The Spice Witch.
For more barbecue recipes, click here.