An easy recipe for simple and delicious spicy meatballs. My kids all love these! On busy weeks, I buy a fresh pasta sauce to accompany but of course, you can easily make your own too. Serve with spaghetti.
This recipe makes around 25 small meatballs - my 3 boys demolished all of them in one sitting but I had hoped to freeze some for another easy weekday meal. I would suggest making double and freezing half!
500g beef mince (you could also use minced chicken, turkey, pork or lamb)
2 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4-5 teaspoons Goan Spice Pot (or use other blends for a milder result)
1 fresh chilli, chopped - leave out if your household prefers mild
Fresh coriander, a handful, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tbsp oil, for frying the meat balls
- Heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Mix the mince in a bowl with the onions, garlic, chilli (if using), spices and coriander.
- Add the beaten egg, breadcrumbs and salt, then mix again.
- Shape the mixture into approx 25 small meatballs, about the size of pingpong ball.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for around 5 minutes, turning until golden brown. (If your frying pan is small, do this in batches). Place them on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the oven. Leave them to cool a little. Serve on spaghetti, with a rich tomato sauce.