Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
This is a very simple, family friendly chicken bhuna curry. It has a lovely warmth and my kids love it. Pair it with our delicious and cooling Mint and Coriander Raita.
8 tsp Bhuna Spice Pot
2 tbsp oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4cm piece of ginger, grated or finely chopped
4 fat garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes
800g chicken breasts, chopped into largish chunks
2 tsp salt
Coriander and chopped fresh chillies to garnish
- Heat the oil then cook the onions until softened and browning.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes are reduced to a thick paste.
- Add the Bhuna spice and cook for a minute, stirring.
- Add the chicken and salt and mix well to combine. Stir in 150ml of water
- Allow it to simmer gently until the chicken is soft and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, swirl in some spinach and let it wilt.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and chopped chilies.
- Serve with naan bread and Mint and Coriander Raita on the side.
If there are any leftovers, freeze for a time-saving