A twist on the classic rhubarb crumble. Our Sweet Spice blend adds a lovely gentle warmth to this traditional pudding.
500g rhubarb, chopped into chunks the length of your thumb
100g golden caster sugar
3 tsp of Sweet Spice
For the crumble topping:
140g self-raising flour
2 tsp of Sweet Spice
85g butter, chilled
50g light brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Place the rhubarb, golden caster sugar and Sweet Spice in a saucepan, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook over a very low heat for 15 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft but holding it's shape. Remove from the heat.
3. To make the topping, rub together the flour, Sweet Spice and butter, until it becomes a soft crumb consistency. Add in the brown sugar, and mix gently with your hands.
4. Transfer the rhubarb mix from the saucepan into a large ovenproof dish, and scatter with the topping.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.