My eldest son wanted to try tacos and loves spicy food, so I made this one hot for him using our Goan Spice Pot! You could use any of our blends instead for a milder result. Serve in tacos (or tortillas), with sour cream, salad, coriander and extra fresh chillies. You can also add some diced red or green peppers and some kidney beans to make this like a beef minced chilli con carne.
Ingredients:450g minced beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon plain flour
150ml beef stock
5 teaspoons Goan Spice Pot
1 tablespoon tomato puree
12 taco shells
1. Fry the minced beef and onion until browned.
2. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Blend in the stock, Goan spices and tomato puree.
4. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until almost all the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
5. Divide the mince mixture between the taco shells, top with lettuce and finish with a little soured cream, grated cheese and extra fresh chillies if you wish.