HOW TO MAKE A CURRY SAUCE FROM CURRY POWDER
This is one way to make a curry sauce from curry powder. Use this simple and gently spiced tomato sauce with a number of other recipes. Delicious over our Lamb Koftas or Tandoori Masala Spiced Chicken, or simply with some leftover vegetables or chicken to make a lovely curry.
1 tablespoon of oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
2/3 teaspoons of either Goan Spice (hot), Bhuna Spice (medium) or Korma Spice (mild)
1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
300ml single cream
1 tablespoon of ground almonds
Salt, to taste
Coriander, to garnish
To make the curry sauce:
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft, then
- Add the tomatoes and cook these down until the paste is thick.
- Add the spices and sugar and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the cream and almonds.
- Now serve over koftas, chicken or leftover vegetables!
See below for more simple recipes using curry powder to make a curry:
Curry sauce from curry powder is very simple but make sure to use a fresh and fragrant curry powder!
Cooking for a crowd? We have scaled up 2 curry recipes so you can easily cook a curry for your next party!